Just because we consume tacos and tequila almost daily doesn’t mean we can’t up our game on Thursday to more authentically celebrate our southern neighbors. Here’s a couple nuggets to upgrade the day:
1. Repeat after me, Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day (it’s September 16). However, it is a day to celebrate a vastly outnumbered battilion of Mexican soldiers pulling a serious upset by victoriously defending the town of Puebla and putting the hurt on Napoleon in the process. Take that little leader!
2. Into coordinated attire? Rock some green, red, and white, but pass on Mexican flag gear - wearing clothes with the flag on it is considered disrespectful.
3. Elevate your grub game. Make Mole Pablano - the official dish of Cinco de Mayo and comes from the city of Puebla where the victorious battle took place.
4. Drink and dance the right way. Sipping tequila and dancing to Mariachi music are Mexican traditions. Getting wasted and eating shit on the dance floor are American. Go easy on the sauce and remember ‘it’s all in the hips’.
5. Quality over quantity. Chugging sugary pre-mixed Margs out of a bucket is plain dumb (with a side of stupid). Celebrating doesn’t require copious amounts of tequila. Or perhaps any at all. Whatever the case, just remember it’s all about quality ingredients.
Stay classy out there. Read on for the cocktail we’ll be making with our delicious CBD seltzers and see below for a discount on how to get some for yourself.
Team Oh Hi
Here’s a recipe for a delicious margarita - the unloaded version is great for staying sober, pacing, or recovering the day after. For those looking for a loaded version, it tastes great with tequila, but remember, stick to the good stuff. Our award-winning seltzers make fantastic mixers but they are still only as good as the worst ingredient. If that tequila comes in a plastic bottle you may want to reconsider your decisions.
Need to stock up on your Oh Hi supply? Use the code CBDCINCO to get 25% off our CBD line of products through 5/6/22.